Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New Kitchen!


I wish I had a real camera, good enough to take pictures of the entire kitchen that my husband, David, and I painted with two of our daughters, Ariana (17) and Becca (10). But our only camera, which happens to be Ariana's is out of batteries. We had a lot of fun and are very sore, but the end result is a beautiful kitchen.

When I cleaned off my very cluttered counter tops to make way for the painter's tape and drop cloths, I realized that less really is more. I don't even wish to put a thing back on my counter tops. It looks larger without all the "stuff"! Granted, everything I had out was getting used regularly, but it looked terrible. So, I guess I will have to work on decluttering the cabinets now so I can fit the things I use everyday, and keep the counters clear.

Here is a picture (I took with my camera phone) of the sign I hung right above my stove after painting. I found this sign shopping with my mom at a chocolate store in Elizabeth, CO, and it reminds me to look at God when things get crazy. Why over the stove? You may ask. Well, with 4 growing, hungry girls and a husband, that seems to be where I spend most of my time!!!

It reads: "I'm too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed"

No comments: