Thursday, April 03, 2008

Prayer Works!

I am so excited to blog today! I have been so busy starting up my new Stampin' Up business, I haven't had a chance to sit down and think of anything to say until now.

My dad called on March 29th and said that a dear friend of ours had gone into surgery that day and his blood pressure went to zero. They had to put him on life support. We immediately started praying for him and declaring that "he shall live and not die". The beginning of this week, our friend was being taken off of life support a little bit at a time because he was improving quickly!

Today I received the best email I have received in a while... It was titled "Prayer Works!" Here is how the message read...

"Hello all....
Prayer Works! Those were the words I heard coming through the phone tonight from an amazingly-revitalized Roger. He was still very much under the effects of the drugs and groggy yesterday but breathing on his own and all bleeding had stopped. Tonight he was exuberant to learn all of the details that his heart had stopped last Thursday and that he was really alive today. He was actually able to walk around the floor a full lap today and tonight he is articulate and able to rejoice for what the prayers of God's people have done. The man on the other end of the phone sounds like Roger now and he thanks all of you for digging in and supporting him in this dark hour. He told me tonight he knows what it is like to be the answer to prayer. Like wow! This works!
Thanks again,"
Praise God! I am so thankful that our friend overcame the odds and is alive to tell about God's will for LIFE on this earth.

1 comment:

Jan Parrish said...

Prayer does work. Thanks for sharing that wonderful bit of praise!