Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where have you been?

That is what you are probably thinking if you planned on visiting my blog more frequently. I have been crazy busy keeping up with everything going on around here. I know there have been moments on the road with my family that I have thought, "I should go home and blog about this moment". Then I get home, and have lost what it was that I was going to write about.

Have you ever done that? I have so many memorable moments in my life with 3 little girls and a teenage (with a driver's permit) girl. The only problem is, I don't always recall all of those moments. The little ones say such cute things. We just laugh and laugh. Last week, my family took me out to dinner for my birthday at Black Eyed Pea. It was kids eat free night, and we needed to get out the house for a while. They just lit up our evening. Our youngest said the cutest thing. Darned if I could tell you now what it was, but we sure had a great time. It was a good thing they seated us in the bar area where no one else was seated, because we might have gotten some stares.

That's another thing, why is it restaurants these days seat families in the bar? Isn't it supposed to be for 21 and older? Last week, the bar was empty except for the occasional take out order, but that is not normally the case. Like the time we went to On the Border and they seated us in a booth in the bar. It is a little uncomfortable when the bar is full and people are spouting off profanities in front of your children. Should we ask those drinking (and possibly not in their right mind) to be quiet when we're in the bar? Or should we have been seated there in the first place? While I would like people to be respectful when children are present, it seems irrational to try to reason with someone who has been drinking, and possibly feels that we are invading "their territory" because it is afterall...a bar. Hmm....Just something to ponder.

Well, that was my soapbox for today. This weekend was very busy. We had a bridal shower to attend and my nephew's 1st birthday party after that. They actually overlapped and I had a 45 minute drive between them, but made it alright. The bridal shower was beautiful and I helped with some of the food. I made chocolate chip scones and Mandarin salad, and brought store bought chocolate eclairs, and cream puffs. The arrangement was beautiful. My daughter took pictures. You can see the photos at her blog. She did a great job.

1 comment:

Kayla Barker said...

JoAnn, I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I enjoyed the shower so much! Thank you for all your hard work helping out! I loved it!